— The Bookseller
Azerbaijan with excursions to Georgia
200 maps with 160 explanatory visuals
30 colour photos
120mm x 180mm, 5" x 7"
- Brilliant, a masterpiece
- The Guardian
- The Independent on Sunday
- Very comprehensive coverage
- Caspian Business News (Azerbaijan)
- An excellent guidebook with useful maps
- The Guardian
- Mark Elliott could make even an Azeri feel like he doesn't know Azerbaijan
- Baku Sun (Azerbaijan)
- The Financial Times
Perched beside the oil-rich Caspian Sea, compact, hospitable Azerbaijan is astounding in its scenic variety. Painted moonscape deserts, snow-capped Caucasian peaks, subtropical forests and flower-filled grasslands all lie within a few hours' drive of Baku, the artistically-vibrant, cosmopolitan capital with its UNESCO-recognized walled Old City.
Over the last 10 years this map-packed book has become the definitive guide for visitors and residents alike. Now in its expanded and fully-updated fourth edition it's more practical than ever.
- Fully updated 4th edition of the first and only dedicated guide to Azerbaijan. Visas, getting to Azerbaijan, getting around, where to stay, where to eat.
- Sights and excursions - On foot, by car, 4WD, bus, train or horse, discover bubbling mud volcanoes, linguistically unique stepped villages, ruined castles, a flaming hillside and fire-temple, iron-wood forests, water that 'catches fire', 'magical' rocks kissed smooth by superstitious wish-seekers.
- Over 200 maps – illustrated with 160 sketches and diagrams. As well as showing hotels, restaurants, bus stops etc, these maps also include landmarks at key unsigned junctions to help motorists and hikers.
- History, language, cultural tips
- Excursions to neighbouring Georgia
Read an Excerpt:
- Contents list
- Getting to Azerbaijan
- What to see, where to go
- Exploring Baku's Old City
- Mud volcanoes!
Price: £14.99 buy online now…